12.05.2011

[fingerprint Christmas tree cards]

FingerPrintChristmasCards1
We like to do handmade Christmas cards for the teachers, etc. during the season and apparently we've hit on a tree theme that we just can't shake.
FingerPrintChristmasCards1b
This year we had a lot of fun "finger painting"...but not in typical sense of the craft.
FingerPrintChristmasCards2
I made a simple tree graphic and printed it out on Recollections 5" x 6.5" white blank cards (found at our local Michaels). We then we pulled out our fingerprint ink pad (from Lakeshore) and went to town.
FingerPrintChristmasCards3
It was so much fun to see what the boys came up with. There is really no way you can go wrong. Little O did one with a lot of brown and I was worried it would look a little muddy but it ended up looking beautiful to me. I love how they sort of end up looking like a medley of out-of-focus Christmas lights.
FingerPrintChristmasCards4
And Jon couldn't help but get in on the fun as well which thrilled the boys.
FingerPrintChristmasCards5
But Little A was the one who really went to town on this. He had a handful of friends from our old haunt, So. Pas, that he wanted to make cards for.
FingerPrintChristmasCards7b
He got really into it and I love that he can write his own cards now. It's very empowing for him and so fulfilling for me to see. My favorite was when he desperately wanted to send one to a particular little girl. He was very serious about this and wanted me to make sure she gets it. I told him I would.

This made him very happy.
FingerPrintChristmasCards8

If you are interested in doing a few of these cards yourself (you'll get hooked if you do!) then you can download a temple of the simple tree design by clicking here.

Happy finger printing!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a great way to get kids involved in the Christmas card making! Such a fun idea!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how these turned out. thanks for the printable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls would really get behind this idea!

    I could see lots of ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be you when I grow up (in like a year?) these are too cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious idea! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your way to get kids into Christmas celebration..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT (fun!) card design idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, we have printed some out and are painting as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the printable. The graphic is perfect. I can't wait to print a few out and get to crafting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those turned out so beautiful! I love the modern simplicity of them. I saw these on Pinterest and had to let you know I have a homemade Christmas card linky up here: http://www.dillydaliart.com/2011/11/creative-christmas-countdown-day-2.html
    I would really love to see these cards linked up so I can share them with my readers.
    I'm excited to have found your blog!
    ~Aleacia @ Dilly-Dali Art

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were lucky to get one of these original cards....definetly a keeper! :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love! I hope I remember this when Christmas comes around again. I've got two wee ones with tiny fingers perfect to help on this.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the idea..do you have special Gift Card envelopes for Christmas to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The graphic seems to have disappeared! Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Hi! The link to the download is now updated and should be working. Thanks.

      Mer

      Delete